You Are Here: Home - Diane von Furstenberg , fashion , Louis Vuitton , Max Mara , Skin Care , the Bar Method - Sunday Workout :: The Bar Method


Hope everyone has just enjoyed a wonderful weekend! The weather on Sunday is gorgeous in northern Jersey. What you’ve done to get recharged for the whole week?

One thing I would like to share is my first step to adult ballet. Our piano teacher and friend Margaret sent me a sweet gift last week – one class in the Bar Method! She thought I would love it so she wanted me to have a try. Friends are the people who don’t need to say a single word but they know what you are really thinking about. Dear Margaret is.  In the early morning of Sunday, I met Coach Jeanne and Margaret’s friends. There were about 20-25 people in one class and most of them age between 30-50. Needless to say, everybody was in GREAT shape and attitude, more interesting, they all wore a little bit make up :-). It reminded me this is not the Y I have been doing workout all year long. This is a place called feminine and elegant. Well, once the training started, I didn’t feel my elegance any more. My legs are shaking, shaking, and my tears were nearly out (to be frank, they were out). When I thought it was time to get a break, instead, Coach Jeanne’s sweet yet firm voice in the air: “everybody is doing a fantastic job! Let’s count to another 40!”. Margaret has been practicing in the Bar Method for four years. When we walked out after class, she went:”Every time when my legs are shaking, I ask myself why I am doing things like this. However, I am so eager to come back next time… …”. I think that is also how my journey starts.

In a summary, the Bar Method focuses more on body sculpting and posture. It is the supplement of running and yoga, two essential pieces in my daily exercise routine. These years I also tried many other group activities such as Adult Hip Hop/ Tap, Zumba, Jazzercise, and Step Interval. It is not only about exercise, it is time to meet wonderful people, make friends, and get inspired, isn’t it?

The Bar Method

Weekend outfit:

Vest: 'S Max Mara Long Reversible Vest - Welcome to the Cube

Top: Nike Active

Bag: LV Neverfull GM

Sunglasses: Diane von Furstenberg